Saturday, August 29, 2009

A heavenly salad. Yum!

Organics 2 You delivered me some amazing fresh veggies yesterday. In the delivery came 5 beets. I've never eaten beets before- but the main point of using Organics 2 You, for me, is to try new stuff!

So I looked it up on the Food Network. Apparently you can roast beets. Seemed simple enough! I roasted them, cooled them...then thought "now what?".

So I made up this little concoction. I wish you all could taste it through the blog. YUM!

After roasting the beets, I toasted some pine nuts. As it turns out, I have some random greenery that needed to be eaten, so my dinner tonight became a salad. After throwing some green onion and all the above mentioned ingredients in a bowl, I added gruyere cheese and cinnamon. I tossed in some pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and the heavens parted.

I'm in love. This is my new favorite salad ever!

No comments: