Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm loving rotisserie chickens!

Last weekend, an exhausted me asked Dusty to pick something up for dinner. He stopped by Safeway, where rotisserie chickens are sold for $5 on Fridays. He also picked up french bread since Skyler was with his dad and gluten containing bread is the thing I miss most since Sky went gluten free.

We made open face chicken sandwhiches. To die for. Seriously. Not the healthiest thing I've eaten, but I've been craving them ever since. The best part? They took me about 5 minutes to assemble. Then we got to throw the rest of the chicken in salads and just eat it plain for the rest of the weekend.

For this mouth watering don't-feel-like-cooking dinner, you need:

1 rotisserie chicken
Gruyere cheese
French bread (or other bread, if you're going for nutritional value- I threw that out the window for this meal)
Olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
Spinach or dark lettuce

Heat the oven to 350. Slice the french bread (2 pieces per adult, 1 per kid) and place on a very lightly oiled cookie sheet. Top with chicken and enough thinly sliced cheese to cover the chicken. Sprinkle wth freshly fround pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Put it in the over for 5 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted. Pull out and top with lettuce.

This is my new "Quick! Sky isn't here- bring in the gluten!" treat!

No comments: